- ¼ CUP (50G) WHITE CHIA SEEDS
- ⅔ CUP (70G) QUINOA FLAKES
- ⅔ CUP (50G) PANKO (JAPANESE) BREADCRUMBS
- SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- 2 EGGWHITES
- 600G FIRM TOFU, DRAINED AND THICKLY SLICED
- ¼ CUP (60ML) VEGETABLE OIL
- ½ TEASPOON SESAME OIL
- ¼ CUP (60ML) MIRIN (JAPANESE RICE WINE)
- 2 TEASPOONS FINELY GRATED GINGER
- 250G BABY CUCUMBERS (CUKES), SLICED
- 1 CUP MINT LEAVES
- 4 CUPS (100G) BABY (MICRO) WATERCRESS SPRIGS (OPTIONAL), TO SERVE
- 2 TABLESPOONS LIGHT SOY SAUCE
- 1 SMALL RED CHILLI, FINELY CHOPPED
- To make the dipping sauce, place the soy sauce and chilli in a small bowl. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Place the chia seeds, quinoa flakes, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the eggwhites in a bowl and whisk until fluffy. Dip the tofu in the eggwhite and press into the chia mixture to coat.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the tofu, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel and keep warm.
- Place the sesame oil, mirin and ginger in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the cucumber and mint and toss to combine.
- Serve the tofu with the cucumber salad, watercress and the dipping sauce. Serves 4.
*posting with permission from the wonderful team at Donna Hay
To find more amazing recipes, see the Donna Hay Website