- 1 TABLESPOON PEANUT OIL
- 1KG CHICKEN MINCE
- 4 CLOVES GARLIC, CRUSHED
- 1 TABLESPOON GRATED GINGER
- 200G BROWN RICE VERMICELLI NOODLES+, COOKED ACCORDING TO PACKET INSTRUCTIONS
- 500G SNAKE BEANS, BLANCHED AND HALVED
- THAI BASIL AND KECAP MANIS (SWEET SOY SAUCE), TO SERVE
CASHEW SATAY SAUCE
- ½ CUP (140G) TAHINI
- ¼ CUP (60ML) SOY SAUCE
- ½ CUP (125ML) CHICKEN STOCK
- 2 TABLESPOONS HONEY
- ½ CUP (75G) TOASTED CASHEWS, ROUGHLY CHOPPED, PLUS EXTRA TO SERVE
- To make the cashew satay sauce, place the tahini, soy sauce, stock, honey and cashew in bowl. Stir to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken, garlic and ginger. Cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5–6 minutes or until browned.
- Add the satay sauce and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the noodles and beans. Toss to combine.
- Top with the basil, kecap manis and extra cashews to serve. Serves 4–6.
*posting with permission from the wonderful team at Donna Hay
To find more amazing recipes, see the Donna Hay Website